Digital System Ware
This site is about the new notion of a computer application as a digital system logic, called disyware so to mean a digital system ware.
...to be updated...
Redefinition of terminologies
It is important to re-define certain terms as clearly as possible:
- A computer application (or application) is a usage of (or application of) a computing system in order to provide a service which it has been designed to provided. This usage is essentially the execution of implemented algorithms on the computing system. The system is said to be a computer (or computing system) because it executes algorithms. The service is said to be provided through the application of a computer. It may be provided directly or indirectly to a user. When provided directly it is said to be a user application.
- A software application (or software) is a sequence of instructions (or computer program) implementing algorithms for which the execution produces a computer application. It is typically found in a processor-based computer and developed using a computer programming language.
- A disyware application (or disyware) is a digital system logic (or hardware description) implementing algorithms for which the execution produces a computer application. It is typically found in a reconfigurable computer and developed using a hardware description language.
- A computer hardware (or hardware) is the physical or virtual realisation of a computer design.
- A computer kernel (or kernel) is the portion of the computer application that deals with accessing the computer hardware resources, thereby serving as interface between the actual platform-independent application and the underlying hardware.
- A system software is a software application that implements its own kernel.
- A system disyware is a disyware application that implements its own kernel.
- A software operating system is a system software that loads, launches and manages other software applications.
- A disyware operating system is a system disyware that loads, launches and manages other disyware applications.
- A mobile application is a computer application (software/disyware) used on a mobile computer.
- A web application is a computer application (software/disyware) used on the web/network.
An example of a developed and implemented disyware is the Rhyscitlema system disyware.